Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Embedding pictures and media on Savannah n

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Embedding pictures and media on Savannah news
Date: Thu, 3 May 2018 15:26:15 -0600

Luis Falcon wrote:
> I would like to post more news and articles about GNU Health in
> Savannah. The problem we face is that we're unable to include /embed
> pictures or other media (probably I just don't know how to).

To be sure and clear we are talking about:

  https://savannah.gnu.org/news/?group=health

I don't think the Savannah news section is set up for it.  Or maybe I
just don't know enough about it either.  It would require the addition
of a media storage area so one could upload photos and then change the
template engine to allow linking to those uploaded photos.  All of
that would be code that would need to be written for the site.

> I believe the blogs section at FSF allows to do this, but it would be
> nice to have it as part of each official projects, in Savannah

Of course the blog side of the FSF site is on a different server and
is driven by different software.

> Please let me know if this feature already exist.

As far as I know this is a feature that doesn't exist.

The general place for real home pages is at
https://www.gnu.org/software/$PROJECTNAME/ (which I see for GNU health
redirects to http://health.gnu.org/) but I think normally the
expectation is that people would place more expansive things there.  I
think the expection is that you would host your expansive posts there.
Certainly with health having its own 3rd party web site there is a
good spot to host a multimedia blog.  You can always link to them from
your news posting.

> PS : Sorry if this is the wrong mailing list..

This is the right mailing list.  And of course patches to add features
would be seriously considered.

Bob