Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Fwd: Report Domain: hokulea.org Submitter:

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Fwd: Report Domain: hokulea.org Submitter: fastmail.com Report-ID:2018.07.19.137106152
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 22:31:52 -0600

Hello Ken,

Ken Harris wrote:
> When sending to gpsd-dev , I never get replies (but see replies in the
> mail archives)

Your domain hokulea.org appears to be handled by Google Gmail.  Your
description is one that often confuses people using Gmail because of
the way Gmail works.  What happens is that when you send a message
Gmail tags your message as "Sent".  Google thinks that you saw the
message when you sent it and therefore doesn't tag it as Inbox unless
you write a special rule to add the "Inbox" tag yourself.  I can't say
puts it in the Sent folder because there is only one folder and only
messages with specific tags are viewed.  If you view your messages
tagged Sent you should see your outgoing message.  When the mailing
list later sends your reply back to you Google matches the message id
as already existing in your mailbox tagged Sent and therefore thinks
it is a duplicate and drops it.

Then later if someone replies to your message you will see this other
person's reply.  The reply is tagged with Inbox.  It is also a reply
to your previously sent message which was tagged Sent.  That
previously sent message is connected into the thread due to the reply
pulling it into the thread.  Therefore you should be seeing your own
messages in the thread if someone replies to it.

This behavior is really confusing.  It is one of those frequently
asked questions.

> and I get DMARC reports for the domain nongnu.org (see
> attached).
> This is a DMARC aggregate report for hokulea.org

That report appears to be for hokulea.org as stated and not for
gnu.org or nongnu.org though.