Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] sv_cleaner on mgt0

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] sv_cleaner on mgt0
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 10:48:51 -0700

Ineiev wrote:
> Currently, sv_cleaner (/opt/savannah/bin/sv_cleaner) runs via
> /etc/cron.d/savannah, but is disabled
> in mgt0:/opt/savannah/etc/savane/savane.conf.pl; in particular,
> this means that pending accounts are not removed.
>
> Does anybody know why it was disabled? should we switch it on
> or add a new cron job to delete pending accounts?

I would guess that due to the distance from the crontab to the config
file that when things were moved around from the old servers to the
new servers that it was simply never enabled on mgt0.  Not only were
things moved from old mgt to mgt0 but also from old internal to mgt0
too.

I will guess that previously it was probably running on one of the
other old servers and was enabled in the /etc config file for it.  But
then when the crontab was moved from one server to the other it wasn't
obvious that configuration in /etc/savane/savane.conf.pl needed to be
changed to enable it.  I know that I would have assumed that moving
the crontab would have moved the task from old server to new.

Please do enable the cron task.  And any other cron task that might be
in the same situation.

Bob