[Savannah-hackers] Re: Forward: Mail delivery failed: returning message

From: Guillaume Morin
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Forward: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 15:10:27 +0100

Dans un message du 25 Feb à  1:02, Loic Dachary écrivait :
>  Less complicated would be to set the From: of the outgoing mail with
> the real mail adress of the user as extracted from either the
> sourceforge database or the /etc/aliases file. What I don't know is if
> fencepost will accept forged From: from subversions. Is it possible to
> configure exim on fencepost to accept forged From: but only when they
> come from subversions ? Is it acceptable from a security point of view ?

I thought you wanted to avoid to maintain an alias list. That was the
purpose of  my suggestion.

About the forged "From" field, I don't think ther is a problem with
that. Indeed, real mail servers (like Exim) :) don't trust that field at
all.

Guillaume Morin <address@hidden>

              Marry me girl, be my only fairy to the world (RHCP)