[Savannah-hackers] Implemented solution to CVS & symlinks

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Implemented solution to CVS & symlinks
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 02:29:35 +0100 (CET)

       Hi,

       I implemented the solution discussed three weeks ago to handle
symbolic links from CVS for www.gnu.org. It's simple. Documented in
/server/standards/README.html. The script is at gnudist:/home/www/bin/symlinks.

       I inserted it in the nightly script for /home/www
(and updated /gd/gnuorg/sysadmin/sysadmin.texi accordingly). I also
generated and imported in CVS all the .symlinks necessary to match the
current situation. Running the symlinks script at present does nothing
at all which means that the .symlinks are in sync with the reality.

       The symlinks script also checks that there is a index.html file
in each directory. If it's not the case (in /foo for instance) it creates
a symlink ln -s foo.html index.html, even if the file does not exist (yet).

       If you have a few minutes to take a look at the script, I'd
appreciate.

        Thanks in advance,