[Savannah-hackers] Re: security with switch to CVS/Savannah

From: Thomas Bushnell, BSG
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: security with switch to CVS/Savannah
Date: 01 Mar 2001 19:17:26 -0800

address@hidden (Leonard H. Tower Jr.) writes:

> That is, that cracker and vandal access to the Savannah system will
> cause the FSF significant grief?

This is the security policy for subversions.

I strongly object to any weakening of the security on subversions, and
if Len or RMS or others really think it needs to be weaker, then
savannah should be run *somewhere else*.

There was a deal when subversions was set up--that a particular group
of people would have sole authority over security policy on the
machine.  Several hackers, myself included, agreed to use subversions
as a source repository under those conditions.

I strongly reject any suggestions by people not part of that decision
about security policy that we should weaken it.