[Savannah-hackers] Savannah featured on www.lwn.net

From: loic
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Savannah featured on www.lwn.net
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 10:03:40 +0100 (CET)

Mark H. Weaver writes:
 >    Savannah seems to be strongly oriented toward GNU projects, leading to
 >    the question of whether non-GNU projects can be hosted there. Not
 >    everybody wants to work within the rules for GNU projects (i.e.
 >    signing copyright over to the FSF, coding standards, etc.). One has to
 >    dig pretty far into the site before finding the following text:
 >
 >      The FSF would like to extend an invitation to any Free Software
 >      project to be hosted for no price and no catch. This is our token
 >      of appreciation to the people who help make the GNU project a
 >      reality.

 Well, it seems that we now have to carefully proofread the web site
to make all this clearer. The former statement is not accurate since
it does not match reality (only GNU projects). I thought there would
be no rush to finish Savannah and polish the text content but it seems
I was wrong. I would not like to see a slashdot entry with the current
Savannah status :-}

 Cheers,