Re: [Savannah-hackers] Savannah featured on www.lwn.net

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Savannah featured on www.lwn.net
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 22:43:17 -0700 (MST)

    That paragraph is at:

    https://savannah.gnu.org/register/

    But there is a disclaimer in that same page that says:

      If your Free Software project is not an official GNU package, it
      will be discussed by address@hidden This discussion will attempt to
      find out if your project can be accepted. Registering your project
      here will initiate this approval process.

    So, I think we are safe.

"Safe", perhaps, but the statement is not accurate.  We are not, now,
accepting non-GNU packages, just thinking about doing it in the
future.  It is not right to tell people "Apply and we'll think about
it" when the truth is that at present there is no chance we would say
yes.

Please correct the page right away.