Re: [Savannah-hackers] Mail transport problem from subversions to gnu.or

From: loic
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Mail transport problem from subversions to gnu.org
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 17:13:23 +0100 (CET)

Jaime E . Villate writes:

 > You're right. And I just realize that the From: field should not
 > have the address that the developer is currently using to commit
 > the changes, but his/her "official" address in the database. Which
 > brings me to another question. Shouldn't a developer be
 > automatically subscribed into savannah-hackers when an ssh account
 > is open for him? Once the account is open he will try to commit cvs
 > changes and (once the From: field is fixed) the log message will be
 > rejected by savannah-hackers if he's not subscribed (I apologize it
 > this has already been discussed).

 The sender is not rejected because it does not belong to the target list
but because it has an e-mail address (address@hidden) that is within
the gnu.org domain AND the user is not known by the fencepost machine. For
instance I have no problem when commit changes that lead to send a mail
to whatever lists (even those I'm not subscribed to) because my account name
is known to belong to the gnu.org domain.

 I hope this makes sense :-)

 Cheers,