Re: [Savannah-hackers] What happened here?

From: loic
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] What happened here?
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 15:57:39 +0200

Jaime E . Villate writes:
 > On Sun, Mar 25, 2001 at 05:40:52PM -0700, Richard Stallman wrote:
 > >     https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/latex-manual
 > > This may be a good project, and we might want to host it.  But it
 > > isn't a GNU project, and that raises the question: how did it get onto
 > > Savannah without my knowing about it and approving it as a GNU
 > > project?
 >
 > While we are in this topic, there is another "project" that strikes me as
 > being in the wrong place:
 >    http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/greve/
 >
 > It doesn't seem to be a project, but just a personal home-page
 > (Home page of Georg Greve)

        :-) He is at the right place. It's a "web site only" project
and there are some others such as gnujobs, gnueval etc. Those "web
site only" projects are designed to enable people who are in charge of a
specific directory in the www.gnu.org to share permissions with their
contributors. Georg (the editor of Brave GNU World) is using this project
to manage his /people/greve directory. People contributing to GNU have
an entry in the /people/people.html page and Georg extented this a bit.

        I'm not saying that the actual content of /people/greve/ is
what it should be, I have no opinion on this subject. When I added my
own entry in the /people/people.html I did an entry that looked like
the others but did not take time to actually read guidelines (are
there any ?)  dictating what should or should not be there.

        Cheers,