[Savannah-hackers] copyright status of savannah_mailman cgi script

From: Joel N. Weber II
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] copyright status of savannah_mailman cgi script
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 11:50:54 -0500

Perhaps I'm missing something somewhere, but I think something is
being handled inadaquately in handling copyright assignments.

There is a script at
fencepost:/usr/local/src/savannah_mailman/Mailman_Cgi/sfverify.py that
has the copyright notice that I've copied to the end of this message.
The thing I find significant is that it claims that the FSF is the
copyright holder.

fencepost:/usr/local/src/savannah_mailman/README says to contact
address@hidden about this, which suggests to me that he probably wrote the
script (though that isn't really entirely clear).

I don't see any mention of gmorin in /gd/gnuorg/copyright.list.

So, if gmorin actually wrote the script, and the copyright is actually
owned by the FSF, I don't understand why copyright.list doesn't
mention this.

# Copyright (C) 2001 by the Free Software Foundation, Inc.
#
# This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
# modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
# as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
# of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
#
#
# along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
# Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA.