[Savannah-hackers] Re: Proposed new method for creating accounts

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Proposed new method for creating accounts
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 06:58:43 -0600 (MDT)

    If I understand correctly, Placebo is intended to be the guest
    machine.  When this is setup, I think it would be best to invite
    people with accounts on fencepost to use placebo for non-sysadmin
    tasks.  This is beneficial in two ways:

    1) It means that very few people will use interactive accounts on
    fencepost, increasing the security of the central resource.

This might be a good idea.  I guess it depends how well placebo works,
what it is like as a machine for non-guests to use.  I guess after
placebo is working for a while, we can try this and see.