[Savannah-hackers] Re: commit_notify

From: loic
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: commit_notify
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 11:30:42 +0200

Jaime E . Villate writes:
 > I believe I have fixed the problem with the URL's in the e-mail
 > notifications. Since "log_accum" is given the project's name with the -T
 > option, I use that name (when necessary) to construct the right path to the
 > project's repository. The -T option of log_accum formerly meant "temporary
 > file name", but from now on it means "project's name" (which happens to be
 > used as temporary file name too).

        This looks like a good and easy method. What happens if for some
reason the maintainer uses -T frob instead of -T myproject ? There should
be a way to check that otherwise we will face inconsistencies.

 > Now I have a more serious problem for which I need some help from those of
 > you
 > more familiar with subversions before Savannah started. cvsweb was installed
 > differently in subversions and savannah. For example, if the same repository
 > "gnudocs" is accessed in the following two ways:
 > The first one shows the content of the directory, but the second one fails
 > because /cvs/gnudocs is not publicly available. In the first case cvsweb
 > points to a wrapper that will give it some root privileges; in the second
 > case
 > cvsweb is run directly off /usr/lib/cgi-bin/ and the userid of the httpd
 > server is not allowed to access /cvs/gnudocs

        The idea was that is never used. I did
all the links to If I did a link to it was a mistake. You could
arrange for the to
fail completly, always. It's a pain and something hard to maintain to
have two URLS for the same purpose, I think.

        I sincerly hop cvsweb does *not* give root
privilege. Anonymous browsing of the CVS tree must honor the
permissions restrictions. In particular the emacs CVS tree and the
private Savannah projects (with is_public flag set to No) must not
be visible thru webcvs.

 > What should I do with cvsview? do we still want a wrapper as the one cvsweb
 > had? (I guess with ssh cvs access there is no need for it) and should
 > exist or is it enough with

        I can't remember what the wrapper does but I see no reason to
have a wrapper (scratch my head but nothing comes out ;-).

Loic   Dachary  address@hidden
24 av Secretan      address@hidden