Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Commissar

From: Free Software Foundation
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Commissar
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 22:56:03 -0400

> address@hidden writes:
>  >
>  > A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org.
>  > This mail was sent to address@hidden, address@hidden
>  >
>  > If it already is an official GNU package, it will be approved shortly.
>  > Otherwise it must be discussed on address@hidden for approval.
>  >
>  > Shawn Ewald <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
>  > License: gpl
>  > Other License:
>  > Package: Commissar

Currently, on savannah, we are only permitting programs that are
officially GNU software.  (We plan to add functionality this year so that
any GPL-compatible software can be hosted, but that is not done yet.)

However, if you'd like, we can certainly evaluate your software to see if
it can officially become GNU software.

To make your program into GNU software
(http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/categories.html#GNUsoftware), you will
first need to agree to follow GNU policies.  I have included a brief
summary of the major policies with this message.  For a more detailed
description, please read the GNU Maintainers Guide
(http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain_toc.html).

If you are agreeable to these policies, the next step is for the program
to be evaluated for inclusion in GNU.  To do this, I need the following
things in a self-contained email:

   * A short (paragraph or so) description of the program.
   * A URL where the source code can be downloaded.

(I realize that you may have given me all that information already in
 a self-contained email so that I can easily pass it on to our
 evaluators.)

--
Bradley M. Kuhn, Vice President
Free Software Foundation     |  Phone: +1-617-542-5942