Re: [Savannah-hackers] make-alpha name clash

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] make-alpha name clash
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 11:10:47 -0400

%% Guillaume Morin <address@hidden> writes:

  gm> make-alpha already exists as a mailing list handled by the alias file,
  gm> you can neither create it nor mirgrate i.

Uhmm.... why can't I?

I own the current make-alpha list, and I own the GNU make project, and I
wanted to decommission the alias file version and move it into Savannah,
so I don't have to deal with updating it by hand anymore.

I didn't remove it from /etc/aliases on fencepost already just to avoid
any "down time" in the list (not that anyone would probably notice,
but...)  I was going to remove the /etc/aliases stuff as soon as the
Mailman list was created.

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://www.paulandlesley.org/gmake/