[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Tutorial D

From: leandrod
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Tutorial D
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 15:05:13 -0700

If it already is an official GNU package, it will be approved shortly.
Otherwise it must be discussed on address@hidden for approval.

Leandro GuimarĂ£es Faria Corsetti <address@hidden> described the package as
follows:
License: gpl
Other License: While I would like to use GNU GPL v2 from the start, depending
on the deliberation of the project members we could have to start with an
already existing RDBMS engine.  In this case we will try to stick to a GPL\'d
or GPL-compatible one, but if we can\'t we may need to temporarily use another
one while we build or adapt a GPL\'d one.
Package: Tutorial D
System name: tutoriald

Tutorial D

A Tutorial D data language implementation.

We need to create a Tutorial D language implementation according to both the
Tutorial D syntax and the ideas behind The Third Manifesto, as a faithful
embodiement of the relational database model theory.

This may be done from scratch or perhaps by creating a language front end to an
existing RDBMS, such as GNU SQL Server, PostgreSQL, InterBase or Leap.

There are many thorny issues in this project: theoretical definitions,
implementation and logical to physical mapping, and licensing if we choose to
leverage an existing RDBMS.