Re: [Savannah-hackers] mailing list setup: archive directory problem?

From: Guillaume Morin
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 12:43:03 +0200

Dans un message du 19 mai à 10:33, address@hidden écrivait :
> which is a bit too light for me to debug the problem. What user runs the
> crontab on fencepost ? How this scripts operates ? What's the rationale ?

This is in sysadmin.texi.

> Reading from the script it seems it appends a set of aliases in a
> savannah specific file on fencepost. And then creates the list with the
> "newlist" program. It also uses "wrapper" for some reason. Which one does
> what exactly, I have no clue (I don't know mailman).

See Mailman doc.

> I guess newlist is creating the files/dir you mention and fails, somehow.
> I'd like to check the logs but I don't know where they are.

If it was failing, it would send a message to savannah-hackers. BTW, the
cronjob has indeed sent 4 messages to savannah-hackers saying that it
could not get the XML dump. I guess it was a ssh problem.

> Also there is a sfverify script which is just used to check if a mailing
> list name is taken or not. I could not find documentation about this
> script though.

This script is mainly for mailing list migration.

--
Guillaume Morin <address@hidden>

                       Sauvez un arbre, mangez un castor