Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Volunteer take the gnu education section

From: Hilaire Fernandes
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Volunteer take the gnu education section
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 16:23:36 +0800

Not sure which solutution to take.
However what I am sure I want to make it light for me, in this
case beeing webmaster on the actual webmaster will be
the easiest things. So I need to added in the
savannah.gnu.org/projects/www/ group.

Another things I want to do -- as a collaboration between OFSET
and GNU/Education -- is to pass over the Freeduc project as
a GNU project so he can fly by itself.
Afterall Freeduc is not exactly a native task for OFSET.
For record, the idea behind Freeduc was to select free software usable
in school and made them easy to install. An online database was setup
at http://www.ofset.org/freeduc to help in this task.
The packaging system was first rpm, then we recently logicaly switch to Debian.
One of the task of the volunteers taking over this project will be to cooperate
with Debian and start a debian-edu project there.
This is for sure a never ending project but cooperating with Debian
is for sure a very sane way of doing the stuff.

I will try to make a clear report on that later.

Hilaire

On Mon, 21 May 2001 01:37:10 +0200