[Savannah-hackers] Licence question

From: loic
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Licence question
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 00:45:54 +0200

        Hi,

        A project was submitted to Savannah today. I would be tempted
to accept it as a project that is not part of the GNU project but I
need your advice about the licence.

        It is a french translation of the Mozilla documentation. As
such, it is under the Mozilla Public Licence which is free but
incompatible with the GPL. Since it's the documentation and not some
code I'd be tempted to think that it's not too much of a problem. But
I do not measure the impact with the FDL.

        In a few words I have troubles making up my mind on this
particular subject: do you think it's acceptable for the GNU project to
host this translation ?

        Thanks in advance for your help,

--- Begin Message --- Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of French Mozilla Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 02:43:40 -0700

D. Bellot <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: other
Other License: Mozilla license
Package: French Mozilla
System name: frmozilla

Official French Translation of The Mozilla Projet