[Savannah-hackers] Re: Non GNU projects

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Non GNU projects
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 12:21:20 +0200

Richard Stallman writes:
 >          All information related to non-gnu projects will be available
 >     under the domain name You decided for this name
 >     two month ago.
 > I had forgotten all about that name.  The strange thing is that the
 > other people did not remember it either.

 I checked the archives. All savannah-hackers were involved + Bradley
Kuhn + Nic Ferrier + Hugo Gayosso and probably others too.

From: address@hidden (Richard Stallman)
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 17:40:57 -0700 (MST)
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Naming our sourceforge clone (was Re:
 Savannah and non-GNU software)
It gets across the most important points.

 I recall that another mail from you stated clearly that
should be used but I can't find it. Let's say my memory is bad.

 > Can we set it up so that does NOT work?  In other
 > words, are the two domains and aliases, or do they
 > have independent definitions which have been updated in sync until
 > now?

        It does not work. Only works.

 > Since is so much shorter than,
 > we might want to support that too.

        Ok. We should decide for a cannonical name, though. I'd rather use as a cannonical name since it's shorter. Other names can be
added but for the sake of consistency in naming within savannah I'd rather
like to use only one name.

 > It sounds like good progress.  Which Miguel is this?
 > For me, "Miguel" normally means Miguel de Icaza.
 > Perhaps we had better stop using first names.

        A protugese fellow brought on Board by Jaime Villate.

 >          What's left to be done ? Technically the mail and the ftp server.
 >     Other than this I don't see. Could you help me find out ?
 > It is good news that we are already this close.  I hadn't seen
 > progress reports since the previous discussion.

        True. We did progress reports on address@hidden only. I will
cc: you from now on.

Loic   Dachary  address@hidden
24 av Secretan      address@hidden