Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: License question

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: License question
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 18:24:23 +0200

Jaime E . Villate writes:
 > The administrator of project libgds is now asking us to change its license to
 > LGPL
 >
 > On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 04:06:56PM +0200, Nicolas Darnis wrote:
 > > I've negliged one aspect of things when I choosed the license
 > > of libgds. So, could you please move my libgds's license from
 > > GPL to LGPL?
 > >
 > > Thank you very much.
 > >
 > > --
 > > Nicolas Darnis
 > > W:05 56 01 98 34
 > > mailto:address@hidden
 > > Public GPG key on demand.
 >
 > Do you think we should do it? and can that be done by "admin" or should be
 > done only by the one who has the role of accepting projects (currently Loic)?

        It cannot be done by admin but must be done by people who have access
to the database. The reason is that this field is used to record the original
intended license of the software so that we can refer to it if the author
changes his mind afterwards. No problem for GPL -> LGPL but will be a problem
if the author wants to change from GPL to a non free software license :-}

        To change it you will need to modify the database using MySQL.

        Cheers,