[Savannah-hackers] Evaluation: GNU Sim

From: Hugo Gayosso
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Evaluation: GNU Sim
Date: 20 Jun 2001 00:46:15 -0400

GNU Sim
=======

Received    : 02 Apr 2001
Requested by: Savannah <address@hidden>

Author     :  Daniel E Baumann <address@hidden>

Homepage   :  No homepage available
Source     :  Sent to the mailing list

Evaluator   : Saurabh Mathur <address@hidden>

Started     : 18 Jun 2001
Completed   : 19 Jun 2001
Filename    : gnusim

GNU Sim is a C++ simulation library that I am writing while taking this
course http://www.msoe.edu/~blessing/cs470. It will allow a person to
simulate probabilistic discrete event systems. You will be able to
create both event-based and process-based simulations. There are plans
for a GTK+ widget (probably GSDV - GNU Scientific Data Visualization)
set and mutlithreading. GSim uses the GSL (GNU Scientific Library)
extensively for most of the statistical processing. Most importantly,
GSim will be 100% free software licensed unde the GNU GPL :).

Comments:

Daniel E Baumann <address@hidden>:
Here is my descrition and I have attached the tarball of the code
because I have no where else to put it since school started using ssh
and not allowing outside access to the shell account box where my web
stuff lives (How nice of them :P).

"Bradley M. Kuhn" <address@hidden>:
Daniel has indicated that he is agreeable to our policies.