Re: [Savannah-hackers] sshd crashed

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] sshd crashed
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 14:16:32 +0200

Hugo Gayosso writes:

 > I saw the messages about lshd crashing so I did some research.  And I
 > found some sshd daemons running, but still couldn't even log in via
 > ssh, so I logged in using kerberos and restarted sshd.
 >
 > ~# /etc/init.d/ssh restart
 > Restarting OpenBSD Secure Shell server: sshd.
 >
 > Now sshd works:
 >
 > ~$ ssh address@hidden
 > address@hidden:~>

        Thanks for fixing this.

        In order to run lsh after a crash you should :

        rm -f /var/run/lshd.pip
        /etc/init.d/lsh start

        I stoped sshd are restarted lsh, that uses sshd as a backup
for protocol version 1. The installed sshd on subversion only handles
protocol version 1 and we want to use lsh that is a GPL'ed implementation
of ssh protocol version 2.

        I hope Niels will be able to provide us a patch to fix the
utf8 exception problem. lsh crashed again on the very same problem.
The running lsh on subversions is 1.2.1 that was recompiled in
/usr/local/src/lsh-1.2.1 as described in
http://savannah.gnu.org/savannah.html#lsh%20and%20ssh

Jun 24 10:00:01 subversions /USR/SBIN/CRON[7380]: (mailman) CMD
(/usr/local/bin/python /usr/local/mailman/cron/gate_news)
Jun 24 10:02:34 subversions lshd[12753]: Unhandled exception of type 0x1000:
Invalid utf8 in password.

        Cheers,