Re: [Savannah-hackers] lists

From: Joel N. Weber II
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] lists
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 13:48:03 -0400

   On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 06:01:56PM -0400, Joel N. Weber II wrote:
   > I just commented out stuff in fencepost:/etc/exim/exim.conf that
   > referenced kludges, restarted the mail
   > daemon, and have been able to use the mailing list just fine.  So I
   > guess I'm not really clear on what was going on, but it seems to work.

   It works for you (I guess it is because of your email address, or
   maybe because you're a "trusted" user).

The fact that I'm a trusted user matters if a process running as the
user devnull tries to send email, and when I subscribe via the web
form, that shouldn't be running as the user devnull.

Also, trusted_users affects only whether you can frob the envelope
from, I believe.