Re: address@hidden: Re: [Savannah-hackers] [ 100142 ] This support page

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: [Savannah-hackers] [ 100142 ] This support page should be scrapped]
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 18:11:15 +0100

On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 12:42:24PM +0200, Guillaume Morin wrote:
> Dans un message du 01 oct à  9:46, Jaime E . Villate écrivait :
> > > Subversions is supposed to send these email updates. I've noticed it
> > > does not. Current subversions configuration fills files in
> > > /var/spool/mail instead of redirecting mail to the right adress.
> > >
> > > Can anyone have a look on this ?
> >
> > Hi Guillaume,
> > I will take a look at the php script this afternoon.
>
> Thanks but iirc the php scrip call 'mail' which uses Exim directly so I
> bet it has something to do with it.

You're right the problem had to do with the MTA configuration and not with the
php scripts.
To fix a problem we had with the CVS notifications by e-mail, I moved the
Savannah users e-mail aliases from /etc/aliases to /etc/email-addresses.

That allowed Savannah users to send mail from subversions, with their real
e-mail address in the "From:" field, but the real addresses disappeared from
the "To:" field and all mail sent to Savannah user's was being distributed
locally instead of being sent to their real addresses (the problem started in
June 21st). I have now fixed savannah/gnuscripts/sf_aliases to update both
/etc/email-addresses and /etc/aliases, such that real e-mail addresses will be
used in the "To:" and "From:" fields.

I appologize for this silly mistake. There are some messages stored locally in
Savannah, since June 21st. Most of them should be replies to support requests;
if you think it is worth delivering those old support requests replies, I can
make a script to do it.

Jaime