[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Clarification 6502 Em

From: leonardosam
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Clarification 6502 Emulator
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 10:48:39 -0400

Leonardo Silveira de Albuquerque <address@hidden> described the package as
follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Clarification 6502 Emulator
System name: c6502e

The Clarification 6502e is a 6502 processor emulator and is supposed to serve
as a base
for the study of Computer Science in which resides its essence: how a computer
system
functions. There are already lots of emulators available for free on the net,
but rarely they
are GNU licensed. The name Clarification expresses the need of understanding
the real
functioning of a computer and the meaning of computer programming. I realized
the
dificulty CS students have when learning assembly language for larger and more
complex
machines. I chose the 6502 processor due to its simplicity of learning and the
large number of
video game consoles and computers which were built upon it.

The project is supposed to be completely modular. The first step is to finish
the already
started processor emulator. After that, it will need an assembler and then a
debugger. The
final step is to build a machine over it (Atari 800, Commodore 64, etc).

Right now, I\'m coding the processor intrinsics and need developers to test,
debug and
refine the emulator. It\'s being written in ANSI C and following the GNU Coding
Standards. It
does not exist yet on the net and I\'m also working on its web site. Technical
reference and
general documentation will be posted on the web site.