[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of classpath-tools

From: cbj
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of classpath-tools
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 00:22:28 -0400

Brian Jones <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: classpath-tools
System name: cp-tools
This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project

The proposed project will contain a set of standard java tools normally
distributed as a part of a Java development kit including a javadoc, javap, and
javah replacement.

I\'ve written the javap and javah replacements myself using gnu.bytecode,
http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/ and currently have this checked into
Classpath, http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/.  The javadoc replacement was
written by Alex Lancaster and Julian Scheid.along with their texinfo doclet
noted in /gd/gnuorg/copyright.list as TEXIDOCLET.

Other standard sorts of tools that should be part of this project include
something to replace Sun\'s jar, jarsigner, serialver, and possibly policytool,
keytool, and others as necessary for free software.

These tools could all be added to the Classpath project, however the release of
the tools should be independent of Classpath releases.  This is why I\'m
requesting a new project be created.  If you think this is better accomplished
by simply adding these standard tools to classpath while still making their
release separate then please respond appropriately.