Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Problems with cordelia

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Problems with cordelia
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 12:28:15 +0100

        Hi,

        I did a mistake and fixed it. It should work now. I did the
cvs update on gnudist and it worked.

        Monthes ago the cordelia tree was renamed "directory" (I could
retrieve the mail threads if needed). The Savannah project for cordelia
was created and is http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/directory/.

        The old /cvs/cordelia was kept but no sign of the migration was
visible. On some other projects I added a symlink to the old name so that
the rename is remembered.

        I'm sorry it took so long to sort out.

 > As a sanity check, I followed the instructions on
 > <http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group_id=33> on my own machine, to check out a
 > fresh copy via anonymous CVS.  It doesn't work:
 >
 >     address@hidden:~/gnu/gnulist$ cvs
 > -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gnulist login
 >     Logging in to :pserver:address@hidden:2401/cvsroot/gnulist
 >     CVS password:
 >     cvs login: failed to open /home/mhw/.cvspass for reading: No such file
 > or directory
 >     cvs [login aborted]: fatal error: exiting
 >
 > The problem is not limited to gnulist.  The EXACT same thing happened when I
 > tried to check out a copy of autoconf via anoncvs.

        This is a bug in the latest cvs package (fails to create .cvspass when
it does not exist).

        Cheers,