Re: [Savannah-hackers] Emacs-commit does not catch every commit

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Emacs-commit does not catch every commit
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 10:22:44 -0700 (MST)

    AFAIK, diffmon doesn't work with CVS.

Of course it does.  Just make a directory where a checkout
gets updated automatically, and run diffmon on it.

      I think the commit
    notification feature I used for emacs-commit is supposed to be its
    replacement.

It would work well as a replacement if it could (1) detect all the
changes and (2) send diffs as well as brief notices.  But if it
doesn't work well, we should stick with diffmon, which does work well.