Re: [Savannah-hackers] Emacs-commit does not catch every commit

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Emacs-commit does not catch every commit
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 20:43:44 -0700 (MST)

    I will try to incorporate diffmon in Savannahs CVS when I get a chance. That
    way each project will be able to decide whether they want to receive
    differences by mail or just a pointer to a webpage with the differences.

I really need this urgently; could you possibly do this soon?  Very
soon?  It should not be hard to set up diffmon.

Note that there is no need to make each project choose one way or
the other.  Both methods can easily be used for a single project:
having the current commit messages, and diffmon messages, on
separate mailing lists.

Another possibility is to have a script that reads the commit
announcement messages, runs cvs to generate corresponding diffs,
and then puts them into a message which it mails to another list.
If this makes it easier, please do it this way.