Re: [Savannah-hackers] Problems with "co project_name"

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Problems with "co project_name"
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 18:17:07 +0100

Jaime E. Villate writes:
 > Hi,
 > The complaint: "cvs co my_project" doesn't work! has become too common, and
 > we
 > spend a lot of time replying to those complaints.
 >
 > There are currently 221 projects without a /cvsroot/project_name/project_name
 > directory. I think the /cvsroot/project_name/project_name module should be
 > created automatically when the project is approved.
 >
 > I'd like to go ahead and create the /cvsroot/project_name/project_name
 > directory for those 221 projects (with the correct group name of course), to
 > avoid future problem reports. Does anybody oppose to this?
 >
 > I'd then go ahead and try to change the new-project script to create those
 > directories right after the new CVS repositories are initialized.

        That is a good idea, yes. By far the simplest way to solve this.
And it will not bother any new project. Except the projects who would like
to import an existing CVS tree. In this case one would expect they understand
what is a CVS module anyway.

        Cheers,

75019    Paris         T: 33 1 42 45 09 16          address@hidden