[Savannah-hackers] MySQL server upgrade

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] MySQL server upgrade
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 15:08:01 +0100

        Hi,

        There was an unexpected 10 minutes downtime on Savannah when I upgraded
the hand-compiled MySQL installation to the regular Debian package. I
unfortunately forgot that 1) the previous one was running as root and some
files were not readable/updatable by the mysql user, 2) that the old libraries
were explicitly refered to by /etc/ld.so.conf.

        Everything should be running fine now but I wanted to let you know
anyway in case someone complains.

        Cheers,