[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of High Level Socket Han

From: pah
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of High Level Socket Handling Lib
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 23:51:43 -0500

Pedro Alexandre Hortas <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: High Level Socket Handling Lib
System name: sockethl
This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project

My project (High Level Socket Handling Library) is a simple shared library that
give the user a easiest way to handle sockets.

This library have a few functions that do the most common

*things* with sockets but, without huge portions of code and with

simplicity.

It supports TCP and UDP protocols. Functions that only work with

UDP protocol uses the udp_ prefix, and for the TCP protocol the tcp_

prefix.

Actually, this project only supports IPv4 but, I\'ll try to implement

it in the next version.

Although it\'s a simple library, I think that solves many problems

like complex sources.

This project already exists and you can see it at

http://inforesearch.dnsq.org/projects/sockethl/