[Savannah-hackers] Creating /cvsroot/project/project directories

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Creating /cvsroot/project/project directories
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 14:42:22 +0000

As I proposed last week, I've created a /cvsroot/project/project directory for
those projects that might get stuck when they try to do:
  cvs -d address@hidden:/cvsroot/project co project

I didn't create the directory for some projects that have already filled their
repository without creating a "project" module (the sorcerer project even
created modules under CVSROOT! I'll talk to them). The commands I've used to
create the directories are the following:

cd /cvsroot
for i in * ; do if [ ! -d $i/$i ] ; then echo $i; fi; done > \
                                       ~/withoutmodule.txt
for i in $(cat ~/withoutmodule.txt); do j=$(du -s $i| cut -f1); \
          if (( $j < 173 )); then echo $i; fi; done > ~/needingmodule.txt
for i in $(cat ~/needingmodule.txt); do mkdir $i/$i && chgrp $i $i/$i && \
          chmod g+w $i/$i ;done

I will go and post a news item in Savannah later today; in that news item I
will encourage those projects who do not have a "project" module to create it,
in order to keep some uniformity.

Cheers,

Jaime