[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Entr�e: J2EE referenc

From: sylvan
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Entrée: J2EE reference applications
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 12:50:16 -0500

Sylvan Ravinet <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: lgpl
Other License:
Package: Entrée: J2EE reference applications
System name: entree

The goal of this project is to create reference Java J2EE/EJB applications.
Reference, not in terms of functionnality, but in terms of application
design/architecture. So, eventhough the applications should be somehow useful,
it\'s not our main goal. We wish to use best-of-the-breed Java technologies,
like randomly: JUnit, Ant, EJB 2.0+, JMX, JAAS, Cocoon, SOAP, aspectj, xdoclet
and sound software engineering processes/methods (including design patterns)
and documentation.

The outcome should be reference components/applications and possibly an
application framework. Although we do not wish to depend on a single vendor,
however Free Software, the first target application server is JBoss/Tomcat. Our
work is made available as Free Software (like speech of course!).

This is an attempt to realize ideas from a discussion on the address@hidden
mailing-list.
\"It does not exist yet but I\'m working on it.\"