Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of bootdisk

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of bootdisk
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 13:53:36 +0000

On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 04:21:30PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> Michel Verdier <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: bootdisk
> System name: bootdisk
> This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project
>
> Bootdisk lets you create boot and root disks for booting linux. These disks
> should permit rescue when normal boot is no more available. Bootdisk makes
> possible quick tests adjusting your set of utilities.
>
> It already exists and you can see it at
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/bootdisk

Hi,
Your project has been approved as a non-GNU project. I don't think it
qualifies to become part of the GNU project, since the kernel adopted by the
GNU project is not Linux but Hurd. To be a part of the GNU project, your
program should create disks to boot the Hurd kernel.
I'm not part of the GNU project approval team, so if you want a second
opinion you should ask address@hidden

Regards,
Jaime Villate