Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Equinox Desktop E

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Equinox Desktop Environment
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 13:24:46 +0000

On Sun, Dec 23, 2001 at 07:44:07AM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> Martin Pekar <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: Equinox Desktop Environment
> System name: ede
>
> This project is a desktop environment, use FLTK library,
> it is simple to use, light, with good look and feel.
> There are already many environment but their developers use big toolkits like
> QT, GTK.
> The desktop environment consists of: core package - basic programs like
> workpanel,
> window manager, desktop manager, image viewer, help browser.
> There will be other packages too. Administration package, multimedia package,
> utilities package, etc.
>
> It already exists and you can see it at http://www.equinox.szm.com

Hi,
Thanks for submitting your project. It is a very interesting project and the
kind of project we want to host here. However, before we can accept it, you
will have to do clarify some issues: in ede-0.6.tar.gz, I see a lot of c++
files that seem to have been taken from icewm, but there is no reference to
their author or their copyright note; it should be made clear which programs
were written by Marko Macek and which were written by you.  The AUTHORS file
should also give credit to Marko Macek, the authors of programs taken from
FLTK Library, and other contributors.

Please also keep in mind that if you want to host EDE here, you should make
sure that none of your contributors introduces dependences on non-free
programs. From what I've seen EDE seems to work without depending on non-free
tools, and it should continue to be like that.

The way we handle project submissions, I have to delete your proposal because
it's not ready for approval, and when you do the changes I propose, you will
have to resubmit it again. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause, and
please don't let that prevent you from using Savannah.

Cheers,
Jaime Villate