[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Noname GNU/Linux

From: others
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Noname GNU/Linux
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 06:40:01 -0500

Frédéric L. W. Meunier <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Noname GNU/Linux
System name: noname

I, Frédéric L. W. Meunier and Fabrício B. Cabral, Slackware users for years,
decided it was time to create another BSD-like (please, don\'t confuse with any
BSD-style license) distribution after almost 6 months of no active development
and unsuccessful attempts to have our improvements included in Slackware.
Noname is a Linux distribution to be developed in Brazil. It\'ll be as simple
as Slackware, use ports like BSD, and only include Free Software like Debian.

The project doesn\'t exist yet but we\'re working on it. We already have a
mailing-list (currently with 28 users) hosted at FreeLists -
http://www.freelists.org/, which we intend to run at Savannah. The ports system
will also take fully advantage of CVS, and we began to work on it.

We won\'t use Savannah to host the whole distribution. FTP and rsync will be
hosted by ibiblio. Any service which includes binaries or sources will be
hosted elsewhere. We intend to use Savannah for the other services, including
CVS for the ports (Makefile + patches) and mailing-lists.