[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of ZotzBrothers POS Plus

From: zotz
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of ZotzBrothers POS Plus
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 13:16:59 -0500

drew Roberts <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: ZotzBrothers POS Plus
System name: zbpos

I wrote an A/R, Inventory, and Sales Invoicing program for a family business
back in the early 80s starting with dBASE II on an Epson QX-10, in checking
over my sources lately, it looks like I made the last mods in 1988 at which
point it was running on a PC and compiled.

I have been looking for free software that I could use to replace this system
as it is badly in need of updating. To date, I have no found anything suitable.

My project (unnamed as yet) is an attempt at a GPL replacement for this system.
It is progressing nicely at this point.

It is being developed with postgres, python, glade, libglade, and misc. stuff
needed to tie these together.

The system allows for the addition and maintenance of customers and inventory
items and for selling the items which adjusts item quantities and customer
balances.

So far, adding, editing, and listing customers is working, next, I will be
working on inventory items, then the POS functionality. After that, the various
reports will be worked on.

If you would like a copy of what exists at this point, let me know and I will
prepare a tarball and send it.