Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Educational Infor

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Educational Information System
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 11:49:56 +0000

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 02:06:46AM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> Dominique Broeglin <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: Educational Information System
> System name: eis

> The application is based on the Java 2 Enterprise Edition framework and
> uses XML to handle data. Currently the application uses only a web interface
> (Intranet and Extranet) but the framework allows for more sophisticated
   interfaces.

> It already exists and you can see it at
> http://mainline.essi.fr/wiki/bin/view/Eis/ BUT the application and the web
> site are still on an early stage of development.

Before we approve your project, we would like to take a look at its source
code. Please tell us a URL where it can be found, or send me a tarball by
e-mail.

Since we'd like the pointer to the source code to appear in the description
field of the registration, you will have to resubmit your project (using
"Register new project" in Savannah's webpage). Sorry for the inconvenience.

Keep in mind that only host projects that do not depend on any
non-free software. Isn't Java 2 Enterprise Edition framework proprietary?

Regards,
Jaime Villate