Re: [Savannah-hackers] address@hidden: virtual hostnames for gnu project

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] address@hidden: virtual hostnames for gnu projects]
Date: 03 Feb 2002 23:32:53 +0000

Ron Peterson <address@hidden> writes:

> This discussion never lifted off.  I probably should have escalated it
> earlier.

> Else we introduce relative links to web pages.  But only for
> project pages, when they refer to themselves.  (We don't want
> to refer to ../licenses/licenses.html, for example.)  This
> seems confusing.

If you're interested, that's my preference. GNU already sanction
relative links (because of texinfo). It makes sense to allow that
within a project.

If you do that "projectX" can refer to it's "projectX.html" as:

instead of:

It can continue to refer to another project using the full reference.

BTW I never understood why it was suggested that erradicating relative
links made mirroring easier, surely the problem is non-relative
links because they require that the whole page set be mirrored rather
than a small amount of it.