Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of phpStoreRoom

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of phpStoreRoom
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 18:26:43 +0000

On Sun, Feb 03, 2002 at 04:00:00PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> Ian <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: phpStoreRoom
> System name: phpstoreroom
> This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project

> My project is a php based shopping cart type appilcation for companies\'
> stockrooms to use to be able to provide a web-based agent for departments to
> order/reorder supplies.  It\'s more-or-less a stripped down shopping cart
> program, tweaked with areas for account management, usage export for
> appropiate inventory, and activity export so that you can forward that
> information to the comptroller/accounting/etc for proper billing.

> It uses a MySQL backend, and any un*x based OS (could be ran on windows,
> but I\'m not going to test it).

> This project is being worked on my members of the Ohio Northern University
> Computer Science Department, and is GPL\'ed.

Hi,
If your project already exists, we want to take a look at your source code
(give us a URL where it can be found, or send us a tarball by e-mail); if it
doesn't exist yet, we want to make sure that your project can be hosted here
(we only accept licenses compatible with the GPL, to avoid conflicts).  In
particular, since you use PHP, your project should not depend on PHP4 which
currently has a license incompatible with the GPL. There is no problem with
PHP3.

You will have to register your project again, giving a URL to the sourcecode
or stating that it does not exist yet.

Regards,
Jaime