[Savannah-hackers] [Savannah] francine want to be a GNU package

From: savannah-hackers
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [Savannah] francine want to be a GNU package
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 08:43:35 -0500

Hi,

The following project was submitted to Savannah. It needs evaluation to
become a GNU package, can you give it a look, please ?

Submitter: <address@hidden>
Project Full Name:  francine
Project System Name:  francine
License:  gpl
Approval URL: https://savannah.gnu.org/admin/groupedit.php?group_id=1407
francine is compatible with today's standard login mechanisms, e.g. PAM. The
look can easily be changed by using themes. Themes are a set of ANSI escape
files. Additionally, francine can be programmed using John E. Davis' S-Lang
libraries. francine was first designed to run exclusively on GNU/Linux, but we
also had it running on Debian GNU/Hurd without any modifications.

Our goal is to make francine a
- portable
- secure
- good-looking
login program.

francine is already around for more than one year, including the inclusion in
the Debian GNU/Linux distribution. Actually, it's a spin-off from the
fancylogin project due to dissensions between the two lead developers.
francine's current website can be seen at http://francine.sourceforge.net/.

We'd like to move to Savannah because sf.net became extremely unreliable since
they started using non-free software.

 -- the Savannah admin