Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Le Livre de Zope

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Le Livre de Zope
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 19:47:38 +0000

On Sun, Feb 24, 2002 at 06:43:47AM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> thierry Bayet <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: Le Livre de Zope
> System name: gnu
> This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project
>
> My project is to translate the Zope-book witch is in a GPL.
>
> The translation will be in a STX format, and HTML format to.
>
> Why I want to do this? Because my english is not so bed, and I know, every
> body don\'t  speak (and read of course). It would be an opportunity for
> everybody speaking french to have this one.
>
> I don\'t have seen something like that in the NET, so,
>
> it does not exist yet but I\'m working on it.
>
> So if you accept it, I would like to put all informations on the web page in
> English and in French.

Hi,
You obviously misunderstood what "System name" means. It is the name that will
be used in the filesystem to identify your project. Since your project is not
the GNU project, you obviously cannot pick up that name for it. In fact,
please do not use "gnu" as a substring in your projects name, since your
project is not yet part of the GNU system. I also think you should not apply
for the GNU project yet, until you have something to show.

Please register your project again, choosing a "system name" different for gnu
or other known projects.

Regards,
Jaime