Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of JavaMyAdmin

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of JavaMyAdmin
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 13:49:02 +0000

I see things like:
  import java.awt.*;
  import java.awt.event.*;
  import javax.swing.*;
in your code. I've been told that there are free replacements for AWT but not
for Swing; this implies that a user would have to install proprietary
software (JDK) to run your program. If you want to host your project here,
it should work with one of the free implementations of Java (see:
http://www.gnu.org/software/java).

On the other hand you have not applied the GPL yet. You must write copyright
notices and copying permission statements at the beginning of every source
code file, and include a copy of the plain text version of GNU GPL
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt; copy it, for instance, into a file named
COPYING). Use http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html as reference.

When you apply the GPL correctly and can guarantee that it will run without
needing any proprietary software, you can register it again.

Regards,
Jaime