[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of FXScintilla

From: pini
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of FXScintilla
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 17:09:09 -0500

Gilles Filippini <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: lgpl
Other License: Please note that while FXSCintilla is released under the LGPL,
the demonstrating editor FXSciTE accompanying FXScintilla is released under the
GPL.
Package: FXScintilla
System name: fxscintilla

FXScintilla is a port of the Scintilla widget (http://scintilla.org) to the FOX
GUI toolkit (http://fox-toolkit.org).
It provides also a FOX port of the demonstrating SciTE editor
(http://scintilla.org/SciTE.html).

It is a C++ project.
FXRuby (http://fxruby.sourceforge.net) provides ruby bindings to the FOX
library, and an unofficial (for the time being) binding to FXScintilla.
This way FXScintilla is used by the FreeRIDE project (http://rubyide.org)

FXScintilla already exists and you can download the latest tarball at
http://pini.free.fr/scite144fox3.tgz

I already submited this project recently. My request was rejected because of
licensing issues. I think I\'ve now made clear in the tarball that
- FXScintilla is released under the LGPL
- FXSciTE is released under the GPL
- FXScintilla and FXSciTE are a derivated work from Scintilla and SciTE which
are released by Neil Hodgson under a modified BSD license.