[Savannah-hackers] Mismatched accounts on savannah/fencepost

From: Mark H. Weaver
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Mismatched accounts on savannah/fencepost
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 18:01:55 -0500

Loic,

Something strange is going on.  According to fencepost's /etc/passwd,
address@hidden belongs to Simon Marshall:

   address@hidden:~$ grep '^simon:' /etc/passwd
   simon:*:9570:11:Simon Marshall:/home/gp2/simon:/usr/local/bin/tcsh

Furthermore, Simon Marshall <address@hidden> says that he
has successfully logged into the "simon" Savannah account using his
old Kerberos password.

However, subversions:/subversions/sourceforge/dumps/accounts.txt says:

   simon
   Simon Cozens
   address@hidden

This Simon Cozens is a developer of the "latex-manual" project,
according to http://savannah.gnu.org/users/simon.

So, to summarize, it seems that Simon Cozens registered address@hidden
successfully, using Simon Marshall's Kerberos password, and Simon
Marshall can log into that account as well, using his old password.

How do you suppose this happened?  What do you think we should do now?

        Mark