[Savannah-hackers] [ 100612 ] combining gnu pascal & fortran 77

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [ 100612 ] combining gnu pascal & fortran 77
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 10:40:04 -0500

Support Request #100612, was updated on 2002-Mar-18 10:40
You can respond by visiting:
http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailsupport&support_id=100612&group_id=11

Category: None

By: dfiala
Date: 2002-Mar-18 10:40

Message:
Logged In: NO
Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows NT)

Dear Sir
My colleagues and I would like to use GNU Pascal for a
project that combines modules written using two
different programming languages, i.e. Fortran 77 and
Pascal (originally written in pc turbo pascal 5 but
hopefully available in GNU pascal). The software would
run on unix platforms.

For this purpose the fortran 77 source code (written
for unix) would have to be extended for a subroutine
that (i) calls the module written in pascal and (ii)
passes various program parameters, variables, and
arrays onto that module. After performing various
calculations the pascal module would then have to
return other variables required by the fortran module.
This bi-directional data exchange would have to be
performed for every (time) step of the dynamic
simulation process.

Please, could you let me know, whether or not it is
(in principle) possible to call subroutines available
in GNU pascal from routines written in Fortran 77 and
exchange data between the modules as described above?
Answering these two questions would help us a lot.

Thanking in anticipation.
Best regards
Dusan Fiala

Dr. Dusan Fiala
Phone : (+44) 0116 257 7971
Institute of Energy and Sustainable Development
De Montfort University, Scraptoft Campus
Fax   : (+44) 0116 257 7981
Leicester LE7 9SU - United Kingdom              e-
mail: address@hidden