[Savannah-hackers] [ 100007 ] Don't use cookies

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [ 100007 ] Don't use cookies
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 16:38:10 -0500

Support Request #100007, was updated on 2001-Feb-09 17:16
You can respond by visiting:
http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailsupport&support_id=100007&group_id=11

Category: None

By: yeupou
Date: 2002-Mar-19 22:38

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=1896
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 Galeon/1.2.0 (X11 ; GNU / Linux 2.4.17 i686 ; fr_FR)

I close this request since I think that removing cookies on
savannah won't ever be done.

This request in older than a whole year.

- Nowadays many browsers have enhanced cookies management
that permit a user to reject cookies from defined website.
- Cookies is no big deal, it's not really a privacy issue on
non-buying-online website.
- Many many others website use cookies. So, it's probably
impossible to reject case per case cookies. The realistic
solution is to accept all blindly or reject all blinding
cookies.
Rejecting any cookies means not being authentificated on any
forum or news website like /.
Since this is not a privacy issue, I don't think that a
problem we should matter.

But if anyone have the time and feel necessary to get rid of
cookies, it's not a problem.

By: jdahlin