Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Gnome Personal Di

From: mathieu
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Gnome Personal Diary
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 00:45:57 +0100

Le ven 22 mar 2002 à  0h18, Loic Dachary a écrit :
Carlos Paramio writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 >   My project isn't part of the GNOME project. Does it must be?
 >   His name starts with GNOME because it will be implemented with
 >   Gnome components and tools. Please give me the correct steps.
 >   I have registered my project in Sourceforge.net, but because of
 >   the new policy, I prefer to move it to Savannah (services are
 >   similar, and policy is better for this project).

        Hi,

        I'd advise you to choose a name without gnome inside so that
people do not think it's part of the gnome project. I think it would
be clearer.

many people that develop a gnome-based or gtk-based software call they something like gsoftware.

As grecord and many others, to avoid confusions.

--
mathieu

 (( http://humeur.coleumes.org ))